6 Snow Removal Tips You Need This Winter
Winter is coming and so is the snow! Buckle up Edmonton, the farmer’s almanac says this year is going to be a cool one.
Whether you choose to hire Earth and Turf for your snow removal, or are more of DIYer, here are our 6 Tips for Snow Removal.
- Be prepared for the unpredictable winter weather and higher snowfall totals! Shovels, de-icing materials and a generator are all things to stock up on now, before the storm comes!
- Set a Schedule for Snow Removal! One of the worst things you can do is to wait until it stops snowing. Instead, set a schedule to lightly shovel every one to two hours, depending on how long the snowfall is supposed to last.
- Prevent ice and snow build up, which makes removal more difficult! If snow is in the forecast, sprinkle an environmentally friendly ice melt on driveways and front steps before it begins to snow.
- Dress warm and protect your hands when removing snow. This may seem like a give-in, but dressing for the weather will make your removal a lot smoother.
- Snow shoveling can be it’s own work out! Make sure not to overexert yourself and take frequent water breaks if you have a large area. Consider using a snowblower, or better yet, hire Earth and Turf to handle your snow removal.
- Apply de-icing material carefully! Stay away from lawn and landscape areas and the edges of driveways and walkways. Dogs and cats hate snow salt as well, it hurts their paws! There are many pet safe products that can be used to make pet safe areas for your furry friends. Prevent salt damage by switching from salt to safer ice melting products.
We love what we do – including snow removal! We have the shovels, snow blowers, and man power to get the job done right and right away the first time. We provide both commercial and residential snow clearing services to Edmonton and surrounding areas.
For more information on how to take care of your property during the cold winter months, click here.